Good Artist vs Bad Artist


As the title reads, good artist vs bad artist, I wanted to find out how art dealers, critiques and the general public decides what is good art from bad ones and therefore who is good artist and bad artist.

If you ask me, as a painter the work I admire are mostly paintings I don't really know how to do myself, I wish I had created and feel envy over.  When I feel envy over someone else's work I know I like the artist's work and admire their work - good artist.  When I see a painting that makes me feel that I could copy exactly or know how they did it in the first place then I feel that I'm not actually fond of that artist or their work - bad artist?  I could never say what is good art or bad as this is not really up to me or you because something I like may not be to your taste and likewise.  So it takes me back to my title, good artist vs bad artist...I would say good artist is the one who is painting because he/she has a passion for it and a bad artist is the one who is just churning them out for the money!

Who am I?

Kumi Rajagopal

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AffordableArtumi?ref=si_shop

Comments

Popular Posts